Sunday, August 2, 2015

Things I Wonder About - Post #1

I decided to blog about things I wonder about. I think that if I wonder about them maybe others do as well. This first post is not the number one thing I wonder about, it just happened to be what I am wondering about right now.

I read an article this afternoon titled, "10 Reasons We Love to Hate Double Names". The article was fine but not sure I personally "hate" double names. I really don't care if someone has one or two names but I digress.

I don't know if your moms did this but my mom would use both my first and middle name if I was in trouble. There were some other times as well but it was always said to get my attention. If at any time your first, middle, and last name was used then life as you knew it was over. The whole name usage was how you could figure out if you were just in a small amount of trouble or if you should make out your last will and testament.

What I am wondering about is how do kids with double names know they are in trouble? Better yet, how do they know the level of trouble they are in? Do their moms immediately go to adding the last name? How would the child know the difference between "I just need to get your attention" or "you should get your affairs in order"?

So, that is what I am wondering about. It is not life changing but most of what I wonder about isn't.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to ask Mary Ann about this...though she doesn't get in trouble a whole lot, so maybe she doesn't know. :)

    I had to laugh at the last sentence; that's true for me too!

    ReplyDelete