Monday, July 13, 2015

My first blog post and it involves toilet paper.

For quite a while now I have thought about starting a blog. There have been a few reasons I haven't done it. One of them is worry over friends who are grammar police reading my blog. I decided to go ahead casting that fear aside but with the following disclaimer: To my grammar police friends, read at your own risk.

 I hope this blog will be funny and lighten your day. "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones" Proverbs 17:22.  There may be times I post more serious thoughts but in general, it will lean more towards things I may find amusing or hope that you may find amusing.

 Toilet paper is what made me start thinking about writing a blog again.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that someone else put the toilet paper on the toilet paper holder today.  However, I did notice that it was on backwards.  I realize that backwards to me may not be backwards to you. I prefer my toilet paper to come over the top. I also do not want you to try to change my mind. I am 54 years old and I'm happy with my toilet paper directional choice. I tried to tell myself that it was not important.  The important thing was there was toilet paper and it was on the toilet paper holder.  The first time, I just left it alone.  But the second time, I couldn't take it any longer and I had to change it. Now is everything right with the world? No.  But at least I am not bugged by the toilet paper roll.

2 comments:

  1. Go you! Toilet paper thoughts always seem to make people smile. Oh, the things we think, and ruminate on! ;) I'm also working on beginning a blog...as usual I am overthinking it and making it too hard. Hopefully within the next two weeks I will be up and running. Congratulations on your "maiden voyage".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Yes, that is the way toilet paper is supposed to go! Other people just don't get it...

    ReplyDelete